Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

20498 Posts in 2065 Topics- by 1413 Members - Latest Member: Cullens

September 21, 2017, 03:33:06 AM
Moab Offroad's 4x4 CommunityAll Things JeepJeep TJ DiscussionGen-Right Jeep on display at Moab Offroad!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: Gen-Right Jeep on display at Moab Offroad!!!!!!!  (Read 52086 times)
Bad Hair Day
Administrator

It's MAX

WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 09:23:21 AM »

Here's the first one.

Max and DeeeeWaine in Franklin, TN

"SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL JEEP SHOP"
FOLLOW MY BUILD
skipfierce

"You win some, lose some, and wreck some."

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 10:12:49 AM »

Cool. I'll be by to check it out when I get a chance.

The CJ!

My drinking club has a rock crawling problem!
Bad Hair Day
Administrator

It's MAX

WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 07:19:07 PM »

WOW MAJOR COMPUTER ISSUES AT MOAB TODAY AND YESTERDAY..... WHEW! Hopefully I'll get the video's uploaded in a little bit.  Sorry everyone.

-Max

FOLLOW MY BUILD
Bad Hair Day
Administrator

It's MAX

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 08:52:38 PM »

Okay so here's how it all went down.  I got a call from Tony at Gen-Right saying he's in TN at Extreme 4X4 and he was going to stop by on his way Indy. I said cool see you in a bit.  While he was here for about 4 hrs. talking about wheelin, new products and the ways of the world (lol) he asked if I would mind picking up this TJ of his at Extreme 4X4.....  I said what all of you would have said...  (in my mind I'm thinking, drive to TN hang out with some 4X4 TV dude, pick up some sick TJ they just built, house it for a couple months and show it off...) then my mouth said "YEAH I THINK I CAN DO THAT FOR YA!"  LOL!
     Skinny Cook was in NYC so my other homie DEEEEWAINE (Big D on here) loaded up with me and headed to TN to hook up with Ian at Extreme.  WOW!!!  Talk about a sick trip to TN.  We get there and have no idea if we're at the right building because there is no indication that we are other than a big urban gorilla hummer thingy.  Grin  I'm serious, no sign of any TV shows just a big office/warehouse.  We double check that we're at the right address that Ian gave us and we go to a door and ring a buzzer and sit for 5 min. and nothing. Then we see this disclaimer that you sign that says in a nutshell "NO PICS OR VIDEO INSIDE OR WE GOUGE OUT YOUR EYEBALLS WITH RUSTY SPOONS" next to that there is a phone with an ext. to dial for help.  I'm not sure if that's help when your eyeballs are gone or help if your lost.  We still had eyes and needed help so Big D calls and they send someone down.  The gentleman was real nice and looked like he had been working on cars so we figure we're in the right place.  He said you guys here for the TJ? We said yup and off he went back into the locked/gated fortress called TOP SECRET TV WORLD WHERE ALL THE SMOKE AND MIRRORS ARE.
     As soon as he leaves we see another guy driving the TJ outside to my truck...... WTF?  (smoke and mirrors)  So we ditch the first guy and walk outside and chase down the TJ on 40's.  On the way over to the TJ dude Big D and me are talking about how we probably won't get to talk to Ian since he was filming for 10 more min. and this place is on lock down tighter than Ft. Knox!!!  So we talk to the guy that drove the TJ over to my truck and started loading it on the trailer then I'm thinking they just want us out of here.  Right?  I'm straping down the TJ, Big D is jaw jacking, then the 1st. guy shows up with a forklift toting 5 stock wheels and tires that came off the TJ.  I'm now like damn getting shuffled out the door now.  Right?  
     Then while I'm still straping stuff down and Big D is STILL jaw jacking (thanks for the help DEEEWAINE lol),  I hear from the other side of the Jeep some Canadian dude introducing himself to Big D asking where's Max at?  He walks around to the other side of the Jeep where I'm at, grinnin from ear to ear, shakes my hand and says "good to see ya again"  (we met real briefly at KOH 2 yrs. ago).  I'm just gonna say before I go on.  IAN THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A GREAT TRIP!!!  While I finished up straping everything and D kept the talking going for us, the other two guys left and it was just Ian, D and me.  I hear Ian ask if we would like to see the studio.  ARE YOU SERIOUS?? HELL YES!!!  
      So, we enter this joint and Big D and Ian are still jaw jacking while I'm like a kid in a mechanic/fab candy store.  We spent like 2 hrs. seeing Muscle Car, Trucks, Horsepower and Extreme 4X4 studios ALL under one roof.  There were engines, cars, rock crawlers, paint booths, powder coating booths, every piece of fab equipment you can imagine.  Hell, I was scoping the place for a KEG-A-RATOR AND A BUNK BED I WAS FINALLY HOME, IN HEAVEN AND NEVER WANTED TO LEAVE!!!!!  This place was unreal and you wouldn't even know it was there.  We saw the green S-10, the Toy on pitbull's, the diesel sammy, the deuce 1/2, the bronco, the side by side, the scout, the yellow CJ, the list goes on and on we saw it all.  And if Ian didn't value his career as much as he does you all would have seen it too!  (refer back to gouge out eyeballs).  With all that being said Ian is one hell of a Tech/fab guy that I had the pleasure to meet and hope to see again soon.  I got a little interview with him about what his world is like.  Check this out!!!

Moab-Offroad.net interviews Ian @ Extreme 4x4

I wanted to thank Ian and the guys at Extreme 4X4 for helping us load the TJ and giving us the tour.  Ian your a great sport and thank you for taking the time to answer some questions for our viewers I hope everyone enjoyed the interview.   Wink

FOLLOW MY BUILD
Bad Hair Day
Administrator

It's MAX

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 09:16:23 PM »

Now here's video 2 when we got back to the shop.  Thanks to Kelly for filming and meeting us at the shop at 1 in the morning.  Kiss

Back at Moab w Gen-Right Jeep

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING BIG D!!!

Wish everyone could have gone with us.

-Max

FOLLOW MY BUILD
skipfierce

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 06:01:27 AM »

Super freakin' cool man! Being an avid viewer of Xtreme, I would have loved to check that stuff out.

The CJ!

KatKrahel

'03 Tomb Raider ready for adventure

Email
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 11:00:41 AM »

Cannot wait to come back down and see it!

Thanks for the footage!!!
High Pockets

Email
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 11:43:16 AM »

Thanks to Kelly for filming and meeting us at the shop at 1 in the morning.  Kiss

Well, I didn't do anything..... But, keep up the videos! I love 'em. They can convey so much more than just pictures, wouldn't you all agree??   Grin   After all, no one would watch Extreme 4x4 if it was just a slideshow of pictures, would they? Also, I definitely get a kick out of watching Max doing what he does on video. Especially the bloopers. 

Skinny Cook
Global Moderator

Sell'n BBQ at the Piston Cup !

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2010, 11:47:07 AM »

OMG I KNEW I shoulda not made that trip to NY to cook BBQ for them yankees !!!  DANG IT !!!

Looks like DeeeeWayne did a great job though. Ohh well maybe next time.  Nice stuff Max.

Pretty funny with one long hair bad day and one yellow hair bad day talkin on a video.  Shocked  Grin  Grin

Did you ever find the Keg-O-Rator ?  Think we could bribe our way back in with some Crack Peppers ??

I eat,sleep,ride,talk,breathe,dream,live and love my JeePin !
Skinny Cook
Global Moderator

Sell'n BBQ at the Piston Cup !

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2010, 12:04:56 PM »

Maybe Ian would build an extreme cooker with us ?  A CJ-8 that splits in the middle and becomes a 6ft sq charcoal grill with a rotisserie ?  Grin

I eat,sleep,ride,talk,breathe,dream,live and love my JeePin !
seejaystj

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2010, 12:06:11 PM »

I always enjoy when celebrities turn out to be really awesome people!  Ian seemed like as much of a crawler geek as the rest of us.  Really great interview, Max!
skipfierce

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2010, 12:48:43 PM »

Maybe Ian would build an extreme cooker with us ?  A CJ-8 that splits in the middle and becomes a 6ft sq charcoal grill with a rotisserie ?  Grin

Love it!

The CJ!

High Pockets

Email
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2010, 01:25:04 PM »

Maybe Ian would build an extreme cooker with us ?  A CJ-8 that splits in the middle and becomes a 6ft sq charcoal grill with a rotisserie ?  Grin

Love it!

Ummmm, yeaaahhh! He said he gets lots of his ideas from viewer submissions! We should send him pics of the old smoker!! Good idea, Carter!!

solar1

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 06:06:03 PM »

I'll have to stop by and check it out on my next business trip to L'ville!

Locked, loaded, and over weight.
Bad Hair Day
Administrator

It's MAX

WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2010, 06:24:58 PM »

Fo' sho'!     Grin

FOLLOW MY BUILD
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Print
Jump to: