Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

20497 Posts in 2065 Topics- by 1413 Members - Latest Member: Cullens

July 24, 2017, 11:33:18 PM
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: YJ Axle Relocate  (Read 1513 times)
JohnF

Email
« on: December 03, 2014, 06:41:56 PM »

Hi Max,  I have a YJ with a spring over, a little bit of shackle lift, and 1 inch of body lift and 37" tires.  I want to move the rear axle 4".  I say 4" because I want the fuel cell underneath like factory so I am thinking of the GEN Right Fuel Cell.  4-Link and coil overs is most likely the first thing that comes to mind, but not the cheapest.  I don't want to half ass it, but I don't want to spend a fortune either.

XJ Springs is too far, and making a plate to go between the springs and axle to move the axle forward of the center pin holding the springs together kind of sounds like a half ass solution.  Maybe it's fine, i'm not sure, and I don't know anyone who has done it.

or maybe Custom Springs of XJ length (similar to chevy truck, but I figured they would be too stiff) with one of the XJ rear cross member like the BTF kit?

or maybe cut off and relocate the spring hangers and use a YJ spring?

or maybe something I haven't thought of.  Have any advice?
Bad Hair Day
Administrator

It's MAX

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 02:00:33 PM »

John, this sounds like a big discussion. I like the 4 link idea, but what is the budget if you don't mind me asking. That might dictate what to build. I could type the pros and cons for days on here. Call me this week at the shop and we can discuss some of the options.   Cool

"SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL JEEP SHOP"
FOLLOW MY BUILD
4banger

No matter where you go, there you are!

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 11:55:59 AM »

Maybe meet in the middle. 4 link for keeping the axle planted, but use coil springs instead of coilovers for budget reasons?

Drive it like you stole it, especially if you did steal it!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: