Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

20497 Posts in 2065 Topics- by 1406 Members - Latest Member: bmcneely

May 29, 2017, 06:32:33 PM
Moab Offroad's 4x4 CommunityAll Things Not JeepZuk'sUpgraded the Sami Power Steering having some issues
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Upgraded the Sami Power Steering having some issues  (Read 7783 times)
jstop

WWW Email
« on: February 24, 2012, 07:16:40 PM »

Just added these items to my power steering, still having the same issue as before with sometimes I have power steering and sometime not. The new pumps also squeals like it's turned full to lock some times, when it is not. I'm hoping its just air in the lines. Here are some pics.

peej23

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 09:05:01 PM »

Jim, couple things to check, that pump is gravity fed so make sure the feed line to it has a large ID, is vacuum rated and is routed so that it is short and has a natural downward route, steeper the better. Make sure the res is also the highest point in the system and is vented. Also that type
Cooler likes to trap air, try purging it.
If this doesn't fix it I have more ideas, good luck and cheers. Also
The belt should probably be tight
Chris

Jon - - - I thought you of all people would be leaning toward sched. 4:20 for your kitchen
jstop

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 12:21:07 PM »

Thanks, gotta new box coming in Wednesday, so I'll wait until then to re-bleed everything.

jstop

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 08:25:20 PM »

New box came in today, gotta get some fittings at the Parker store tomorrow at lunch. Looks like I'll be installing Saturday!

Bad Hair Day
Administrator

It's MAX

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 09:33:27 PM »

great advice Chris, I couldn't have said it any better.

"SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL JEEP SHOP"
FOLLOW MY BUILD
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: