Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

20497 Posts in 2065 Topics- by 1406 Members - Latest Member: bmcneely

May 27, 2017, 06:37:04 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27
Print
Author Topic: Tomb Raider Build  (Read 110459 times)
Uncle Jeremy

Simple Man

WWW Email
« on: July 11, 2008, 10:40:14 AM »

Started with a Stock Jeep Rubicon Tomb Raider Edition.
---The Tomb Raider Edition is a Limited Edition Jeep and only 1,001 of them were produced.  They feature all of the great components of a Standard Rubicon with the addition of 16" Alcoa Forged Aluminum Wheels, Tomb Raider Badging, Mopar Performance Light bar, Tubular Grill guard w/ diamond plate skid, Bushwacker style pocket flares.  On the insided they have Dark Slate seats, with red accents, silver dash board accents, red seatbelts, and of course the Tomb Raider Badge w/serial number.

Here is a list of what we did to "Moabify" the Tomb Raider:
--  We pulled the stock 4.10 ring and pinions out and replaced it with a 4.88 Yukon gear ring and pinions.  To Protect the Investment into gears we installed Fab Fours Heavy Duty Diff Guards with Lube Locker Gaskets Front and Rear.
--  We then added a 5.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Long Arm Suspension to give it a litte better ground clearance and some more articulation.
--  To Better Equip the Jeep for Offroad, we installed a FabFours LifeStyle Front bumper with a grill guard to protect the ever handy Warn Power Plant HP9500- This winch is a great addition for those that drive to and from the trail, it allows the user to air up tires, run air tools, and do strong recovery duty.  Because this Jeep is now so stout and has larger tires we knew the customer may have to recover those trying to follow his lead so to aid in this we installed a Fab Fours Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier, the bumper is equipped with a Swing out tire carrier, 2 D-Ring tabs, and a 2" reciver.  To Complete the recovery/protection package we installed Fab Fours Rocker guards and we custom built a Locker Solenoid Skidplate.
--  For Power to the ground we installed 5 BFG KM2 35x12.50R17's we wraped them around a newer design Procomp Wheel with chrome powder coat, for a great shine with endurance of a powder coat.
--  For quicker more accuarate throttle response we installed a AEM BruteForce intake along with a PowerAid Throttle Body spacer.  For suspension clearance and some good engine tone we installed a Magnaflow Muffler and custom Tail Pipe.

All in all this a bitchin' Jeep, it turned out great with good looks and great performance.

More pics can be seen here :http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q4/moab-offroad/Customer%20rigs/BKTomb%20Raider/?start=0

MOAB   OFFROAD
KatKrahel

'03 Tomb Raider ready for adventure

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 01:38:07 PM »

Thanks to all the guys at Moab who worked on turning this into my dream Jeep Grin

As Jeremy stated, this vehicle started with a lot of great stuff like the front and rear Dana 44s with lockers, light bar, special seates, etc...  With a little imagination from Maob, my Jeep is now "Jacked Up" with a Rubicon Express 5.5" Long Arm with 35" BFGs on 17x9 ProComp Knight Powdered Wheels.  Max and Jeremy could have hosted a little reality TV show of their own, just like "Pimp my Ride" or "Trick my Truck" and called it "Jack my Jeep"!  Just think about how that would play out with the guys in the shop putting their heads together Shocked    Suspension...  Wheels...  Engine...  This truly is an eye catching, head turning ride that has a throaty exhaust that gets your heart racing.

Unlike the TV show, it all had to come from my pocket but worth every penny!!!  Already saving for more adds.  Any ideas (roll cage, auxilary lights, etc...)Undecided

See you on the trails Cheesy
Skinny Cook
Global Moderator

Sell'n BBQ at the Piston Cup !

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 05:05:28 PM »

HA !  JACK MY JeeP !  I love it.

Pimp azz ride Kat.

IF you're gonna wheel it,,,put in a cage. That is #1 important for numerous reasons.

1. Driver/Passenger safety
2. Helps to strengthen frame/body from twisting when flexed to the moon.
3. Gives you a place to mount a Power Tank as well as let any Trail Monkeys swing.

Hope to see you on the trails. Hurry and get signed up for the French Lick JeeP Jamboree and you can run with me and Max. We have a great time and always bring em back alive.  Grin 

I eat,sleep,ride,talk,breathe,dream,live and love my JeePin !
Uncle Jeremy

Simple Man

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 09:35:10 AM »

Bill, (KAT)
 The roll cage is a great idea to protect your investments; family, parts and goodies. 

Here are some pictures of Bill's first outing with this jeep.

Krahel Clan.

MOAB   OFFROAD
Skinny Cook
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 08:14:41 PM »

AWESOME ! 

That's great to see little wheelers hangin out.  I still have one of those around. Grin

I'm glad to see a Tomb Raider get used and not stuck in a warehouse on blocks.  Shocked  Cool

Thanks for the pictures. Hope to see you in October.  Wink

Michael 95XJ

cmyc6
Email
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 06:44:52 PM »

I think I've seen this TJ around the Springhurst area.

1995 XJ
35X12.50 Goodyear MT/R Kevlar
Unlocked and Loaded
8.8 rear with 4.88 Gears
NP241 T-case (courtesy of the Ghostrider)
Around 6in of lift
JeepRocks86
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 07:50:19 AM »

now it looks more like the one from the movie
KatKrahel

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 07:32:23 PM »

Took the family to the Jeep Jamboree - Gateway to the Cumberlands and had a great time Grin  Went on the two toughest trails that they had to offer but the second day on Thuder road was by-far the more challenging.  Max was a great spotter can you find him in the pictures Huh

Several Pictures:
http://s309.photobucket.com/albums/kk391/KatKrahel/Thunder_Road_08/?albumview=slideshow

Now planning for another phase of my Jeep build for early Spring. Shocked

KatKrahel

Email
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 08:20:35 AM »

Though I've had a great time with the set-up of the Jeep  Grin, it is time to move on to the next level.  The next build phase will be started in January. 

Since I've ripped both rear fender Bushwackers (Thanks Max with the spot Wink lol) it is time to go to tube fenders and corner protection (GenRight style).  However, the protection won't stop there, since as Smokey recommended a cage is #1 for safety of the little wheelers'.  While I'm at it, it is a good time to stretch the wheel base and modify the suspension for more articulation.

I'm sure Jeremy will keep us all updated with photos of the build, like last time (Thanks Jeremy Smiley).  The hardest part for me will be the wait... Cry

BTW my son wants to theme the Jeep "Ghost Rider" with flames and a skull on the hood Undecided.   Guess I should thank the "Punisher" for that Tongue  If anyone else has ideas let me know.
Bad Hair Day
Administrator

It's MAX

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 09:11:03 AM »

Ahhhh fender flares are sooooo over rated..... lol  Grin Shocked Grin

"SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL JEEP SHOP"
FOLLOW MY BUILD
Skinny Cook
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 10:05:49 AM »

COOL ! Ghost Rider, I think that's a great idea. Laura Croft was over rated anyway.  Shocked   Grin 

Stretch ? Tube Fenders ?  OHHH BABY I'm lovin this !  Grin

That ride is already sweet, now it is gonna be BODACIOUS !

KatKrahel

Email
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 11:50:43 AM »

Ahhhh fender flares are sooooo over rated..... lol  Grin Shocked Grin
Well you know I didn't like those 6" flares anyways since they were getting in the way.  Thanks Max for your help to justify doing something different.  Decided on the 3", so I have more clearance and a little something to stop some of the mud from slinging. Grin
KatKrahel

Email
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 11:55:56 AM »

COOL ! Ghost Rider, I think that's a great idea. Laura Croft was over rated anyway.  Shocked   Grin 

Stretch ? Tube Fenders ?  OHHH BABY I'm lovin this !  Grin

That ride is already sweet, now it is gonna be BODACIOUS !
Almost forgot Shocked, going to do coilovers all the way around to help with the stretch.  Giving Jeremy and Max some creative freedom with this Phase 2 Build. Tongue Cheesy
Skinny Cook
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2008, 01:24:23 PM »

Almost forgot Shocked, going to do coilovers all the way around to help with the stretch.  Giving Jeremy and Max some creative freedom with this Phase 2 Build. Tongue Cheesy

Shocked Coilovers ? OHHHhhhhh BABY !  How sweet.  Grin

I'll have to stop by there more often now. I need to keep an eye on this project.  Wink

BarneyJEEP

Email
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2008, 02:37:37 PM »

sweet ride, nice pics...going to be bada** here very shortly!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27
Print
Jump to: